156 Airbag Light - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 06-02-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Dublin

Member car:

Alfa Romeo 156

156 Airbag Light

Hi all,

I drive a 00 156. Last night I noticed the Airbag warning light was illuminated on the dash. This is obviously something I'm going to have to sort out before my NCT in the Summer...

I did a quick search and it seems that all manner of things could have caused this- sensors under the seats, a wiring coupling in the boot trim etc... How would I go about trying to solve this? Am I right in saying that for my model the light won't just go out once the issue is fixed and that I will have to bring it in somewhere and have it reset?

Also- it's worth mentioning that a mate jumpstarted his bike from my battery at the weekend... It was only last night that I noticed the light, but it's possible it was on then during the day and I just didn't notice it. Could I have fried the ECU?

Just wondering if anyone on here has any personal experience or advice that might point me in the right direction!

Thanks all.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Bedfordshire
You need to hook the car up to a diagnostic package to sort out which of the various bags is giving the problem - there is no point in trying to guess.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , airbag , light