Replacing cable throttle body (2.0TS) - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 05-02-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
Replacing cable throttle body (2.0TS)

So I am needing to replace the broken ICV on my 156. I have found the new part to be in the region of $250 once all is said and done so I am a little hesitant to spend all that. Whereas I can get a second hand throttle body from the UK for like under 50 quid. (Here in Aus they want like $350)

So just wondering are there any tricks to replacing the cable throttle body? I would think that if the battery was disconnected, I could unplug any connections, replace the part, and then connect it all up then the battery and feel free to get on with my life, but mechanics want to tell me that it must be hooked up to diagnostics and charge me up accordingly? (One quoted a few hundred to replace and then "calibrate").

So I am wondering if anyone has had the same issue at all? Basically the top of my ICV has blown off somehow and the car won't idle at all. Is it at all possible to replace this part without removing the TB anyway? I feel I would get some benefit from having a rock steady idle which I take for granted in my V6, which the new ICV would surely provide.

On that note, anyone wrecking a Twinspark with a cable throttle body?
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
You can replace the ICV on a cable-throttle car, no need to replace the whole throttle body. Usual practice would be to replace the ICV, then do an ECU / throttle reset as documented here many times, and all should be good. I'm sure there are loads of ICVs available over here - though I'm not sure I've got any left at the moment......but I can look if you'd like.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

20ts , body , cable , replacing , throttle