Bilstein B8's - first impresson - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Gold Member
County: Merseyside

Member car:

156 1.9 mjet 16v

bilstein manufacture their dampers with firm damping ,they rely on the damper to hold the spring up ,that's why you can run softer springs with them ........with billies on they hold you up more in the corner (reduced roll)but with everything there is a down side firmer what your use to .....
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: East Sussex

Member car:

156 2.5 V6 SW

I have B6s on the front with standard springs on my V6 SW and find them hopelessly soft.

Ride is good, very good as a matter of fact. but that's not why you buy an Alfa.

My daughter (3 yrs old) refers to the Alfa as 'the smooth car' and my cinquecento (SPAX shocks & springs) as 'the bouncy car'

A great disappointment, especially as I had them on two of my previous cars (E30 M3 & Suzuki Vitara V6) and swore on them being the best at this price range.

I blame it, partially, on the same shocks being marketed for all 156 variants while the there is obviously a big difference on the weight of the V6 (and I5) and that of the, let's say, 1.6 TS.

Retrospectively, I should have at least gone for the re-valved ones.
AO Member
County: West Sussex
just trying to work out if Alfa Owners would be interested in getting any B8 (or b6) units revalved?
This site just launched will revalve to owners specification if required before shipping

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

bilstein , impresson