Car pulling to the left + Wheel alignment in Leicester - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 28-01-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Leicestershire
Car pulling to the left + Wheel alignment in Leicester

In the last fortnight i noticed my GT is pulling slighty to left, its not drastic but i can tell the difference, and have to apply slight pressure to the steering wheel to keep on on the straight & narrow.

Although I'm reasonably mechanically minded, Im not very versed on how the suspension/bushes work, but I know how fragile they on the GT/147 are having had to get the right side repaired last year! But I don't think i hit a kerb (would have remembered i think), perhaps i may I've hit a pothole too hard, but nothing really sticks out in my mind though (incidently - why is the suspension so fragile!?)

Reading the other posts people are saying get all four wheels aligned as a first port of call, but should i get my regular mechanic to check for any damage to the suspension/bushes before i take it to get tracked/aligned? Is there any checks i can do? Its not the tyre pressures as i pumped them recently. I know my tyres are due for replacing however.

Btw can anyone recommend somewhere in Leicester/Leicestershire to get tyres aligned?

Last edited by sunil; 28-01-13 at 20:38. Reason: smelling pistakes
Sponsored Links
County: -
Tire pressure on the left and the right side should be the same, find the book in the factory and see how the pump depending on whether you are 16 '17' 18 'tires.
AO Member

Member car:

156 Jtd 16v

I always take my 156 to Inta Services on Vulcan Opposite the big Shoe Zone building on the way into town for anything I can't tackle like the bushes Timing belts etc. they are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Regarding 4 wheel alignment any of the Tyre places can do this for you Like Walkers in Wigston. They seemed decent (unlike the robbing swines at a certain other tyre and exhaust centre that claim to be Kwik)
(Post Link) post #4 of 5 Old 29-01-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
Thanks for the replies guys. Paulo I've used Intaservices in the past for my major service, top guys, although my regular mechanic is a family friend and i know he will be cheaper.

Veloce - i just realised, this "may" have started happening after i pumped the tyres! If that is the case what could that imply?
AO Silver Member
There's a place in Coalville called Coalville Tyre and Exhaust. They're pretty good when it comes to Alfa's (their head mech has owned 6). I had an upper wishbone and 4 wheel alignment done there last year and they only carged £86.
That being said though, they did try to quote me £180 for a thermostat!!!!

I may give Inta Services a call later, my timing belt is due soon and it's only a 15 min drive from me...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alignment , car , left , leicester , pulling , wheel