Nokia Car Kit: Removal? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 28-01-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa GT 3.2 V6

Nokia Car Kit: Removal?

Hi all,

I have a Nokia Car Kit in my '03 147 JTD that I never use and would like to remove. So far I have just removed the cradle and hidden the wires but would love to remove it all and either sell it or freecycle it. Anyone with any experience doing this? Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Hampshire

Member car:

147 1.6TS

I removed an ancient one from an old range rover we had, I imagine there's not a lot of difference in the setup.

We had, cradle, wiring loom, microphone, antenna wire and a stick on antenna. It didn't drop the stereo whilst on a call.

The cradle and mounting wasn't too difficult as you'll probably know by how.

Chase the wires until you fine each termination, it's likely it will only have a live, negative (for power and charging etc) and one attached to the back of the stereo for muting.

The trim of the 147 is fairly easy to dismantle, if your cradle was an aftermarket fit, I'm guessing it was between the steering wheel and centre console?

Remove the radio, with a set if curved radio removal tools, pull the coin and cup holder free and a pair of bolts hold the hazard switch assembly in place.

The trickier part is the a-pillar, where the microphone will most likely be routed. Carefully pull this from the a-pillar and remove the trim retaining stap (1 bolt) and you can pull the wire back through.

Not sure if later ones relied on an external antenna or not, but that will be a case of chasing the antenna wire and removing the antenna (if fitted)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

car , kit , nokia , removal