156 Temperature control knob - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 27-01-13 Thread Starter
County: West Sussex
Drunk 156 Temperature control knob

I have a 2001 156 Sportwaggon. The illumination for the temperature adjustment control has stopped working. The other two controls are still working OK. Is it possible to replace the bulb that illuminates the control knob and if so how?

Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
Its possible, but quite a faff. you need to strip out the central console - there are several how-to threads on here if you search so I'm not going to repeat all of them, but basically it involves numerous phillips screws and some allen screws hidden behind the stereo - which you will of course need to remove (have you got the stereo code?)

Are you sure the lack of illumination is bothering you that much? (TBH - once you know what you are doing its probably only an hour or so's work.......but probably a fair bit longer the first time you do it )

AROC Vice-Chairman and Lancashire Section Secretary

Alfa organ donor to the gentry......
AO Member
County: Kent
I presume this is pre facelift? there are 3 screws under the gear stick gaitor, 2 under the stereo cage and (I think) 2 under the ash tray. Once the centre dash is out you have access to the white box with the 3 dials on. It has 4 screws. Once that is out turn it over and you will see 2 more screws, undo them and you can split it in half. You now finally have access to the bulbs! They are integral to their holders - I replaced all 3 of mine with equivilant LEDs. I did not want to be taking all that a part again! it takes about an hour first time, done mine a few times now for various bits, can do it in around 20 mins

wearing daps since 1983
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 28-01-13 Thread Starter
County: West Sussex
Thanks both. Had a nasty feeling it wasn't going to be a quick job. As I intend changing the car (good as it has been) shortly may not be worth it.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , control , knob , temperature