Re: Aircon Always on!!
"Borrowed" from Alfa156.net:
The "trick" to leave the airco compressor "off" after starting
the engine (like I said only for models before approx april 2000):
1. Put the ignition key in "STOP" position
2. Turn temperatur knob completely to the right (= max. temp)
3. Turn the blower knob to "0" position
4. Turn air direction knob to "mid direction" position (fully to the right)
5. WITHOUT STARTING THE ENGINE, turn the ignition key to "MAR"
6. Turn the blower knob AUTO-0-AUTO-0
7. Turn the ignition key back to "STOP"
To go back to the first setting, do the same, etc. etc.
At you own risk of course!
See the hidden rear door handles on the new Civic: That's Honda leading the way in design...