Congrats for having Alfa spirit alive
I have a similiar problem, so I need a bit help from you - Alfa specialists
I have a GTV 96' 2L TS, which has a blown CF1 engine (one piston saying 'hello' through the oil pan). I am now offered with a 147 2L TS (I assume its CF3, as according to VIN, its prod. date is 2/11/2000).
From what I've read for around last 5 hours, I understood, that technically it is possible to swap those engines, but I need to:
1) use my old air intake manifold (with all GTV's original ducts)
2) use my old exhaust manifold
3) remove cam pulley and together with its cam sensor swap them to old ones
4) swap crank sensors
5) swap thermostats, rejoin pipes and refill with antifreeze
6) connect A/C pipes
7) connect steering pump
8) remove 147 coil packs and fit GTVs (as they differ a bit).
9) Connect fuel lines
How to overcome the problem with temperature sensors? CF1 engine has a separate temperature gauge sender, whereas in the CF2 and CF3 it's in the same unit as the ECU temp sensor.
What problems shall I expect with auxillary belt? Should I leave 147's alternator, steering pump and A/C? Is it straight bolt up (equivivalent parts), feed the lines and go? Or fit all parts from GTV?
Didn't I forget something else?