was raining again this morning...
When I was almost at work, the following happend:
1) car started beeping (you know, like when you're out of petrol)
2) it told me brake fluid was low
3) it told me there was a system data error (or like when your key isn't giving the proper code to the car)
4) my lights of my speed and rpm meter went off
5) my high beam lights came on (was driving with normal lights)
6) when arriving at work, I switch of my contact with the following as result: Lights stayed on (although the highbeams switched off)
7) the engine continued to run! (although I had my key in my hand)
8) after like a minute the engine suddenly decided it was time to shut down and stopped
9) lights also went out
I tried to restart, getting a lot of errors, my diesel meter didn't function anymore but the car would start.
Tried to turn off, engine didn't feel like it and continued to run... for like 30 secs.
I contacted my dealer and got my car over there for inspection.
They had to reset the 'body computer'.
The problem I have is that this has happened before (not as bad, the car would shut it's doors while driving. also told me my brake fluid was low) when driving in heavy rain.
They say that no traces of water were found in the computer, but I was hoping that some people here could tell me if there's like a connector or something that is likely to develope leaks or something??
Didn't have any problems this evening, but it wasn't raining also...
can anyone help me out here???