147 Alarm goes off and won't stop - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 08-01-13 Thread Starter
County: Lancashire

Member car:

147 Alarm goes off and won't stop

My Alfa 147's alarm suddenly went off and refused to stop. I ended up disconnecting the battery to shut it up. The battery was dead so it was replaced, but the same problem keeps happening. It has done it with 3 different batteries so far. One was dead, one was under powered and the current one is a cheap one but high powered enough. I now suspect the alarm. When I arm the car it gives the second "I'm not happy and have shut something out the system" warning. How do I find out what is causing the problem? It has been giving the extra beep for about a year now with out the current alarm refusing to dis-arm problems.

A recent extra "feature" is that I can no longer unlock and open the hatchback with the alarm going off. I used to have no problems doing this but or some reason it sets the alarm off now. This only started happening a few weeks after the alarms first refusal to deactivate so it may be a co-incidence.

I am very pleased the battery is so easy to disconnect, but I am getting fed up of having to up the bonnet and mess about.

Thanks for your help. In case everyone draws a blank can you recommend a good place/person I can take it to in the Lancs/Manchester area?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , alarm , stop