Brief, and only a few pics due to bad light.
My car is a 2003 156GTA so early facelift interior. Replaced the large screen display with small due to heat causing display shadows and dead lines.
1. Remove gear leather gator popper.
2. Pull off gear lever surround trim. Only clipped on.
3. Remove push in panel below ashtray.
4. Open ashtray, unscrew 2x Phillips head screws. Remove ashtray, disconnect white electrical plug.
5. Unscrew 2x Phillips screws were ash tray was. And 2 at back edge of gearlever hole.
6. Move lower console towards back of car to expose next set of screws for lower edge of climate control.
7. Unscrew 2x Phillips screws at bottom of climate unit.
8. Use removal tools to remove stereo completely.
9. Remove metal cage. It bends like a banana.
10. Unscrew the 4 phillips screws you can now see.
11. Unscrew 2x 3mm Allen key screws that nestle at the edges of the radio surround.
12. Pull away the stereo surround trim inc the trim surrounding the top 3 gauges.
13. Unscrew the 4x Phillips screws holding the top 3 dial cluster in place.
14. Remove the cluster including electrical connector plug. Store safety.
15. Unscrew 2x 3mm Allen screws at the windscreen edge of the infocentre unit.
16. Ease out infocentre unit but pulling straight upwards, find the 3 electrical connections by following the 3 wire harnesses.
Reaching through the stereo slot, with a torch shining through the gauge slot, 2 are the push in a clip at the side connectors, the other is a simple push fit connector.
17. Remove the infocentre unit noting cable routing.
18. Install new infocentre and reconnect the 3 connectors.
NOTE: removing the glovebox may help but I managed the reconnect without doing so relatively easily.
Now in true Haynes style, refitting is reverse of removal.