156 JTS codes P1151 & P2240 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 04-01-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Lancashire
156 JTS codes P1151 & P2240

Hi all, Iíve just swapped my 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon for a 2004 156 2.0 JTS ( I say swapped, a snapped cam belt forced the decision upon me) so anyway, I bought the JTS privately, so no warranty etc, and was an extremely happy bunny on day 1. On day 2 however I nearly had a heart attack when I was cruising along at no more than 40mph, and the Motor Control System Failure light/Message appeared. There was no loss of power, performance or noise, just the warning light. I have noticed though, that when sat idle, the engine ticking over seems to drop for a second then pick itself back up.

Iíve had the car hooked up to a code reader and there are 2 codes appearing, P1151 Lack of H02S21, switch sensor indicates lean & P2240 Bank 2 Sensor 1.

Iíve been doing a lot of reading from past posts with these error codes, most posts Iíve found have just one of the codes in, not both together, but the codes are clearly related. Iíve read a lot of different resolutions people have come up with, e.g simply using electrical cleaner on the connection, replacing the Lambada sensors, MAF sensor, or even replacing the manifoldÖCould anyone suggest the most cost effective order in which to try and resolve the issue that I can use as a cross off list? Obviously Iíll try the simple cleaning of the connections first, but if anyone has experienced the same problem codes together and found a resolution that may prevent me throwing money on parts that donít necessarily need to be replaced, Iíd appreciate your comments, many thanks.
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
First thing I'd do is clear the codes and see if they re-appear......one of them may well be an old issue that has been resolved previously, but just not wiped off, or it could be a transient issue as they often are. Cleaning connectors is never a bad idea, of course, as long as you don't powerwash them,,,

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , codes , jts , p1151 , p2240