DB9 Top Gear Track
AO Silver Member
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: East Sussex
GT driver's door card removal
1. Remove all screws on bottom edge including the one in the light
2. Remove screw in middle of door card below arm rest, this screw secures the electric window switch node.
3. Remove electric window switch node, this just prises out, disconnect 2 x plugs to node.
3. Undo allen bolt that is revealed by removing switch node.
4. Use a very small screwdriver or maybe a stanley blade, to lift up an edge of the blank in the interior door grab handle, once you have something to get a decent screwdriver behind prise out the blank.
5. Undo allen head bolt revealed by removing the blank.
6. Pull off interior triangular trim that covers the mirror fixings.
7. Remove popper from interior, top, rear edge of door.
8. Use a small head screwdriver to prise the circular blank behind the interior handle that opens the door.
9. Remove screw revealed by removing the blank and remove the black plastic door handle surround.
10. The door card is now just held on by the poppers on the vertical edges, carefully prise the edges away from the door.
11. Disconnect door light connector.
12. Grab both edges of the card and rock it up and off the door.
The interior grab handle could be damaged at step 4, rather than prising it out drill a hole on the blank and lever it out, replacement blanks are cheap.
All the best
Last edited by pubsinger; 05-01-13 at 06:26.