speeding cameras - Page 4 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
County: -

Member car:

Originally Posted by kam325i View Post
A forced induction engine will have a vacuum pump, common place is on the back of the alternator, so engine braking (the higher revs) increase's the vacuum.
Even at low revs there's more than enough vacuum with my cam driven vacuum pump

The fuel is metered.
That's irelevant to vacuum. When you have a throttle valve you get a huge vacuum increase just by lifting your foot off the throttle, with the turbo diesel there is no vacuum increase when you lift off because of (in my case) the cam driven pump
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: West Yorkshire

Member car:

Giulletta QV

Modern motor cars have very advanced braking systems, some even brake themselves. Obviously someone who pays very little attention to what`s happening around them would pay for such an option. Block changing both up the gearbox & down "SAVE" fuel, all the chat about engine braking & vacuum belongs on track days not on the public highway.
A bit more looking out the windows & using your mirrors will result in less speeding finds .
County: Lancashire
I constantly flout the UK speed laws, I drive at speeds well in excess of the speed limit where safe to do so, I triggered at least 3 speed cameras just yesterday, yet my licence is clean and I have an unblemished driving career with no accidents caused by my driving. The reason.............I work for the ambulance service. It's not speed that is the issue, it's driving safely to the conditions presented before you and excellent planning and observation skills.(I have driven to emergencies at 20mph as well as 90+mph!) Most people on the roads these days can't see past the end of the bonnets of their cars. I recently attended a 'driver awareness course' as a guest speaker, whilst there I was asked to take part in the hazard awareness perception part of the course, the number of hazards spotted in the video by the group averaged 11, my score was 42............. If you want to drive fast, do it to the conditions presented, but unless you've got blue lights and sirens then someday soon you will face justice, unless of course your observation is that good, you spot the camera before they spot you........
AO Member
County: Worcestershire
Well said. And I must say, you are probably one of very few people who, because of your career, has the provenance and expertise to be able to weigh up the speeding arguments and come to a logical conclusion.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

cameras , speeding