Alfa GT problem selecting 6th gear - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Alfa GT problem selecting 6th gear

Hi, hope you have all had a nice christmas.

Was wondering if anybody could help or give input on the problem i have been having selecting 6th gear on my GT JTD.

About a month ago my gear stick was rather sloppy and wouldn't centralize its self, also noticed 6th gear was getting harder to select. On my Christmas break i got round to changing the bushes an the selector plate,this has cured the sloppy gear stick but not the 6th gear problem.
1st-5th gear is nice and smooth but when i go and try to select 6th it fells like i hit a stop and have to force the gear stick further to the right and then down to get it into gear. Was wondering if it could be a problem with the white plastic housing the gear stick sits in??
As you have to remove this from under the car i don't have enough equipment to do this myself so cant really check (all looks good from the top)

Any thoughts would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Ive had a another good search around on the forum and found some similar posts (sorry!) I believe i may need to adjust the 13mm nut on the gear selector plate, i will have ago tomorrow to see if this helps.
All is sorted.

New bushes + lots of grease + slight adjustment = a very smooth gear change in all gears.

Thanks to others for there info in other threads.
AO Member
County: Shropshire
Wish my 156 had a 6th gear.........
AO Member
County: Cornwall
Handy to know these little issues as I`ve just bought a gt jtdm, still got a 156 ts too

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

6th , alfa , gear , problem , selecting