Radiators Gone pop.... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Radiators Gone pop....

Sat in traffic on the way home last night the next in the line of standard GT failures to hit me happened ... the Radiator let go. It popped near the top giving the jet of boiling water, antifreeze and gunk an uninterrupted passage through the small grille and all over the back of the Range Rover Sport in front... so even Alfa failures have an upside....

WHat I need to know is

1)Has anyone used these guys for a radiator before, the seem to have the best price at the moment.

Advanced Radiators: Pricing for: AR360 ALFA ROMEO GT

2) What's the easiest way to get tho old rad in and the new one out. I've done a trawl and there seems to be a fairly even split between front bumper etc off which seems to be a fair bit of a faff and straight out of the top ,having a quick look in th cold n wet last night it appears to me that if you can get the bonnet slam panel off the rad should fairly simple lift out ?

waiting for ideas n thoughts

Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
You can probably get it out easier going up, but you will of course need to undo the small screws that hold the aircon rad to the main rad, and the shroud that's attached to the rad.....these screws often shear when you try to undo them, so have some spare.....

No knowledge of the firm you mention I'm afraid....
A company on eBay called Romford radiators is well recommended and supplies aluminium radiators with plastic end tanks for very competitive prices.

If they don't have the specific part you want listed, an email will get one ordered for you in no time. 156 all petrol models one is currently for sale at 44 delivered.
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria
I would take the front bumper off. Its actually not very difficult or time consuming to remove the front bumper and it will make the job a lot easier. Then you have the choice of up or down.
County: -

Member car:

Content deleted. Request to remove post lodged with moderators.

Last edited by agent smith; 06-03-13 at 17:45.
Ta guys will take the advice
Well the new rad is now back in and all done without takimg the bumper off. Followed this threads instructions http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...-radiator.html

Only minor differences where I had to get the 2 small grilles out either side of the main alfa shield grille as sell as the 2 long ones, bur not hard and the spring washers were so rusted they disintegrated anyway so new ones in order, one bottom grille will be bonded back is as the clips were buggered after an altercation with afox earlier this year.

And the upper left air con rad screw is totally masked by a bracket and the top inch of the plastic rad surround.... so lopped that top inch off and acess granted but difficult.

And did use these guys http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...-radiator.html rad arrived next day and is spot on

Will update after ive run it for abit but all looks good at the mo.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

pop , radiators