How goes the conduit arb?
Well.. I managed to get it attached to the sub frame with 4 large, thick cable ties underneath and even managed to get the ends somewhere near the location the bottom ball joint of the drop link. It is 4.5 cm to low which fouls the bottom wishbone... I disconnected and removed the Alfa drop links and moved the original bar up out of the way
I had a pair of unused Citroen C5 drop links in the shed which are about 6cm longer than the Alfa 156 drop links. So I tried them and they fitted pretty good. I Had to route it through one of the large circular holes in the wishbone, almost as if it was designed that way actually
Took it for a test drive and obviously with it just being cable tied it knocked away like Billyio on a Bronco weekend
When I got back off the test run I took a good look and noticed three things
1. The conduit didn't shift at all left to right, which is a good.
2. The C5 Drop links had some bright marks which were slightly rubbing the long bar section against the bottom wishbones, which was bad.
3. Clearance of some speed bumps around my area were no issue with the conduit bar or the drop link bottoms, which was good.
I followed the same route, design and measurements as the Oem bar with the conduit, just underneath instead.
But it has become apparent that I need to find a way of lengthening the ends some way with an adapter plate of some sort that will increase it by 3cm only then I can clear the drop link bar through the natural hole in the bottom wishbone... I am still working on it and haven't given up just yet
If it goes the way I expect it too, in theory we could all use a spare OE or even an uprated Eibach or GTA anti roll bar, fit it underneath the sub frame... Attach modified heavy duty and longer drop links with adapter plates to the bar... Then use PU bushes with heavy duty clamping underneath instead.... Making it a 30 minute job from underneath to replace in the future if indeed it ever fails.
The only hassle being, getting the old bar in it's current position out.
At the moment, I am getting a friendly engineering company to run me up a pair of clamps and I have a set of OE bushes to try with the conduit test bar when they are finsihed...
Watch this space... Working in Italy and Spain this month for me is going to put the blockers on the project for a while