Went to Goodwood FOS - Sat in the new 159 and saw Brera - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 27-06-05 Thread Starter
AO Member
Went to Goodwood FOS - Sat in the new 159 and saw Brera

Went to Goodwood Festival of Speed on Friday. Another great day out. 5th in a row now. always enjoyable.

Went to the Alfa stand and they had 2 new 159's there. They were LHD but had a sit in them. Very nice, but not a whole lot different to the 156. That complained about steering wheel is ok, but perhaps a little large. Nice dials and the quality feels far better than the new 3 series and even dare i say a4. just had a nicer air about it. New key slot thingy is the same as renaults and the leather interior is verry nice.

Overall an evolution of 156 not revolution but sharp update that i think everyone will love when its more familiar.

Saw the Brera - very nice indeed. Lovely 4 tailpipes. same interior as 159. couldnt sit in it as it was locked. Very smooth shape.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: Went to Goodwood FOS - Sat in the new 159 and saw Brera

I was there also, and have to agree that the 159 is looking good.

I think that the car looks even better in real life that in the pictures.

Had a chat with the Alfa people on the stand, they told us that these samples were pre-production models, but I have to say the finish was brilliant.

They say they are still sorting out what the trim levels will be and what they are called

Cabin quality was great with soft feel quality plastics being used in many places, and guess what.......... ALFA have now given the 159 and CUP HOLDER !! which is something the 156 never had.

Boot is opend by button on roof center console, rear passengers have A/C control. The front arm rest is now in two sections, a top section for coins etc and a deeper lower section.

Front lights look fab BUT they are going to take an age to clean, especially at this time of year with all the bugs and flies that are about. There is no clear plastic lense over the lights as on 156.

Launch is ABOUT Nov / Dec 2005 with sportswagon coming about 5 months later.

I'm saving up right now

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

159 , brera , fos , goodwood , sat