Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: United Arab Emirates
I would recommend you to get a cable and the diagnostic software or go to a garage that has one. But if its really not available then you can try below.
- check selespeed oil in the tank, if its empty then top up. check for any leaks.
- is your pump still working with engine on? you can hear the noise by opening the bonnet. if not change the pump.
- if pump is working, what is the interval of the pump starts? with engine on it should be at least 1 min between each pumping. if its less then the accumulator is cracked/not able to maintain the correct pressure, which keeps the pump running all the time, then in turn destroying the pump.
- check the 3 pfc sensors on the actuator:
1. clutch position sensor.
2. gear engagement.
3. gear selection.
when sensors about to die sometimes you get signs like the gears wont change, dropping to N, wrong gear indicator (R when moving forward), gear numbers blinking on your panel.The generic ones are cheap, the marelli is a bit pricier. Change all 3 to be safe.
- if above items are working, then maybe there is something wrong with the clutch/release bearing/gearbox.