The engine has fell out from a 156 sele :D - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 22-11-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Budapest

Member car:

156 Selespeed

The engine has fell out from a 156 sele :D

So here is my new issue...
There was some knocking noise coming from the front middle of the car. I know that the rubber protection has been torn apart on the right inner CV joint, so I was assuming that the CV joint has finally gave up. It was a specific inner CV joint failure sound with the usual symptoms. Anyhow, after a week or so since the first sound appeared, there was a big bang and the engine kinda fell out from the car, ok it dropped down a bit When I start the engine it sounds like a really really really bad coffee grinder
Today I discovered that the engine mount has broke. The one on the end of the gearbox.
The car is an Alfa 156 sele (2.0 TS).

I got quotations for the new engine mount, but I do not know which is a good one, so I am asking for your help on deciding which one to buy, based on your experiences.

The options are: Akron ~ 50 or Birth (Italian) ~70.
I do not care that much for the money regarding this subject, but usually the higher price does not mean that it has the better quality, because these are from different sources.

So please feel free to share your experiences, if you have with these brands/producers.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , engine , fell , sele