Vacuum Hoses - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 19-11-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

156 Diesel Sport

Vacuum Hoses

Have a 1.9 jtdm and keep 'hearing' how easy these hoses are to replace and for just a few pounds but...exactly where are they,think I read from unit above/close to radiator(solenoid?) to turbo on right hand side of engine..don't suppose any one can point them out on actual photo of this engine?!

many thanks
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Greater London
I don't have a picture to show where it is, but I do know that its fixed to the radiator. Look at the 12th link in this post and it shows the unit itself.

The hoses go from here and are shown in link 5. The hoses are 3mm internal, though they can be a tight fit which is needed, although I also used a very small clip at the turbo end. You can use some long ended electrical pliers to slot inside the hose ends and prise them wider a bit to fit, with some lubicant also. The hose to the vacuum reservoir is still a mystery to me as it does not seem to be accessable from the top of the car, and would appreciate it if someone can shed some light on this. The above is applicable to the mjet 1.9. The earlier 1.9 I believe may had a different arrangements. The guy who wrote the linked thread has saved me loads of time and money, should be a sticky thingy.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Brera 2.4SV

the hose on the back of the engine to the vacuum reseroir is a problem to get to, maybe from underneath the car or while its on a car lift. I believe if you just try to pull it off, the plastic often breaks so need to be carefull when replacing it
AO Member
County: North Yorkshire
Easiest way to get to vacuum reservoir is to remove plastic engine cover from top of engine and from the front just lay across engine, access if real easy then.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

hoses , vacuum