Good morning..who can help me? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 15-11-12 Thread Starter
County: Roma
Good morning..who can help me?

Good morning,
i'm from Italy and drive happy my 2008 Alfa 147 jTDM 150cv. I've got a problem, and cannot solve it.
I'm lookiing for the electrical schemes of the front lights (pinouts descriptions of the jacks), the round one, car side and headlamp side (original Valeo 2008 Xenon Headlamps).
I need these schemes to set up original Xenon headlamps on the original non xenon jacks.
I've looked at some softwares as eLearn, but they got only the pre-restyling version.

Thanks in advice,

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Brabant Wallon
Hi Massimiliano,
I have no experience with 147 but with a 156 with factory xenons. As one of them looked faulty, not igniting when cold, I took it off to look at. The cable plug to the light is a specific round one and has +/- a dozen wires.
On the bottom of he light is connected an electronic unit that handles the signal for position/low beam xenon/high beam and the ballast is inside the light. Also the connectors brings the info or leveling as the level engine is inside the light.
I looked at pictures for a 156 non xenon light as I wanted to see if switching back to standard lights was possible and it seems to have very different connectors, one per lamp as in "old" cars.
So on 156 I really wonder if switching from one to the other is possible as you need to put level sensors on front and back suspensions, modify deeply the wiring on adjust level though the ODB connector.
Hope it helps, Carlos
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 15-11-12 Thread Starter
County: Roma
Hi Carlos,
thanks, i know. I'm going to use two round 16pins (male and female) to interface the original female (car side) with the male one (headlight side). I know there's also a link between the lights (2 cables on two pins) to male a master/slave config. No problems for the automatic leveling, it's possible to add a dynamic switch to set up manually. The only thing i need is electric schemes to connect cables between jacks. Thanks for answering, suggests (..and schemes) are welcome!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

good , morningwho