pas leak help wanted - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 25-10-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Lancashire

Member car:

156 twinspark

pas leak help wanted

hi got a problem with my power steering on 1.8 ts 2001
its just failed the mot and one of the items was leaking pas pipes its a rubber pipe that joins the system from just under the battery tray down to the front crossmember i think its a flow and return to some sort of cooler that is coiled up infront of the drivers front wheel any way fluid is leaknig out of the two top joints where the rubber pipe fits onto the metal ive been told that hose clips can not cope with the pressure (this is what i fitted when i first noticed it leaking) not sure what to do now as i need to get it sorted asap anyone know any where in the bury bolton area where i can get new pipe or some special clamps that can cope with the pressure sorry for waffling on
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Somerset

Member car:

156 2.4 jtd x2

Hello Jondewar,

I'm fairly sure I recall a post (sorry, can't do links !) where guys have replaced the coil with copper pipe; some hose clips are a bit pony, but there are good quality ones around which will clamp to high levels of pressure; you could try Demon tweaks as a starting point, or check out eBay. Don't expect Halfrauds ones to do the job though; they really are shockingly bad quality!

Hope that helps, best of luck
The Captain

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

leak , pas , wanted