Wipers Woes - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 20-10-12 Thread Starter
County: Greater London

Member car:

156 2.0TS '99

Wipers Woes

Hi All,

Now onto Alfa Number 2... and on a particularly wet day last week my wipers packed in... while doing 50... not good!

As many people had quoted Motor issues I got a replacement (Secondhand... 100 didn't really appeal!) and fitted it... but now get only Fast Continuous Operation... so much for a quick fix... (though tbh the old Motor looked like it was more Rust than much else so worth the change)

I cracked the Module open... all looked ok... swapped it for the old Module and same result... only Fast Continuous... so I'm thinking it isn't the Motor/Module but rather the stalk that's the problem

I put my Multimeter on the pins from the Stalk to the Wiper Module and as expected Pin6 is GND and Pin5 is 12V when on Continuous... but on Intermittent or Slow Continuous I don't seem to get any Voltage on either Pin1, 2 or 3 which eLearn says should get signal?

I'm reaching the conclusion that the Stalk is screwed... or the Wiring to it... and was wondering if there was anything else worth checking before forking out for a replacement Stalk? I found one on the Bay for 30... but would rather not buy it and fit it only to find that isn't the problem!

Any thoughts most appreciated!
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Shropshire
Sounds like the stalk to me.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

wipers , woes