Problems re-coding alfa 156 alarm fob - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 17-10-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Blaenau Gwent

Member car:

156 2.4 JTD

Hmmm Problems re-coding alfa 156 alarm fob

Having searched in many threads and forums to no avail, I am hoping someone can help. I have recently purchaced AlfaOBD and an appropriate lead and have previously re-coded the car to accept a second hand alarm fob. After damaging another fob, , I have had to purchase a spare one! This time however, when plugging in ALFAOBD, whilst the software alows me to connect to the central locking, it will not allow me to reprogram the alarm, but instead states the alarm system is offline and shows a 'fail'

The password I have is correct, and all other functions work. After this happened first time, the central locking and alarm stopped functioning even with the working unit, and could only be reset by removing fuse 12 for about 30 minutes and reinserting it. Since then, I have tried the reprogram procedure and each time get the error statement (not the same one as when the wrong code is used!)

I have tried this using two different laptops, both with the same result so I am confident this is a 'car' problem, not lead, software or laptop!

Any help or assistance is gratefully recieved.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , alarm , alfa , fob , problems , recoding