156 facelift bumper repair - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 09-10-12 Thread Starter
County: Wiltshire
Crazed 156 facelift bumper repair

I need some help with the front bumper on my 2004 156 which I managed to park over a kerbstone and then gave a lift to some friends resulting in a blood-curdling crack when I reversed!!! Does anybody know of a decent method of repairing said cracked bumper and preferably somebody in the Salisbury area who can carry it out...I've scanned for 2nd hand bumpers but the phrase "rocking-horse poo" springs to mind!Any help would be gratefully received.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

Alfa 156 jtd

Same situation here, but rear bumper - nasty crack! Can't find any on ebay etc
The standard method is fibreglass matting behind the crack, possibly with some stainless steel mesh sheet or rods if the area needs added strength. The a tint bit of filler on the front and a bit of paint.
If you can get the bumper off the car yourself, this kind of repair is a fairly easy DIY job to do. All the materials you'd need are easily available. And should come in at under 50 all in. Has the crack damaged the paintwork? Or it a straightforward split? If the paintwork isn't badly damaged, you won't really notice the crack after its fixed.
AO Member
County: Staffordshire
hi to one an all dont know if this is any help theres a alfa breakers i know of in stafford italia auto parts they are also on ebay and have a rear 04 bumper listed i can probably find their number if this is any use there is also a company in birmingham i will tryto get details hope this helps eck
AO Silver Member
County: Staffordshire
Yep got a facelift rear bumper.
County: -
Originally Posted by Leighlo View Post
Same situation here, but rear bumper - nasty crack! Can't find any on ebay etc
I guess i'm to late, but actually you can try to repair with planar connectors Bamperus, i repair bumpers usually so:

AO Member
County: Wiltshire
What colour is your front bumper? It looks like it could be a light blue? If so, I have one. I bought it to do the facelift front end on my CF3 but repainting is going to be too expensive. I'll be better of waiting for a bumper in the right colour and selling the one I do have.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , bumper , facelift , repair