Engine? Spec? I've seen a few 2.0s with basic spec below £3k. Mind you, V6s with dubious history and high miles struggle to make that too.
* 1.9 JTD with 6-speed manual box
* Cat D (bodywork repair to one side, professionally done by current owner - who is a pal of a pal)
* c. 150k miles
* Regularly serviced (oil & filters etc) by my pal - not sure re. cambelt though!
* Black 'tatty' bodywork (scrapes & dings since above repair!)
* Cream leather (apparently 'mint')
* Factory sat-nav
* 'Tatty' wheels (don't know which ones)
That's all I know for now - hoping to go and see it tomorrow.
Completed items eBay will give you a good benchmark .....also Gumtree (focus on London) they tend to be the lowest ....
I already had a looksie on this basis, and it seems that £1,600 is where they go down to...
I do know that you 'buy cheap, buy twice', but I can't resist a DEAL!!