GT Foglights Issue - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 08-10-12 Thread Starter
County: -

Member car:

GT Foglights Issue

On a similar vein to the 'Headlights issue' thread I've got some strange behaviour going on with my O/S/F fog lamp.

I was going to be doing a 300 mile round trip at the weekend there (over Glenshee and back) and figured I should change the bulb in the foglamp that had been out for a while. I got a bit suspicious when the 'blown' H1 bulb came out and appeared to be intact. Suspicion changed to annoyance when the replacement new bulb failed to illuminate.

Fine, I thought, check the fuse. Thing is though that (according to the handbook) all the foglights operate from the one fuse.

So, I'm going to have to trace the fault, but before I start fiddling with wiring and connectors is there any other bizarre Alfa-esque reason for this to happen? I recently had some strange issues as a result of my battery getting low on charge (consequence of testing my new stereo installation) such as flashing odometer and electric mirror operation being back to front, but these seem to have rectified themselves when the battery got back to full health. Could the foglamp behaviour be linked or am I barking up the wrong tree?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

GT 1.9 JTDm

Mine have never worked.

Took out bulbs, both in good condition (measured with meter). Checked fuse (under bonnet), perfect. Swapped relay with horn: no change, horn fine.

Gave up here, never use the fogs anyway and they're in a nightmare place to get to. If I could be bothered, I'd get my meter and check the grounding at the lamp, etc. but I can't see that it's worth the effort.

If you come up with anything, post in this thread.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

foglights , issue