I bought this car a month ago.
Yesterday I replaced the thermostact of the car because it was running on a very low temp.
I had a very "good surprise" as the old thermostact was only a shell with no interior.
I was worried because when someone does this is because the car is running hot or the head gasket is gone...
Today I drove the car and noticed the engine is running with higher temp then normal.
It heats up normal, on the road the temp goes from 80º to 92º on the gauge, but on trafic it is between those 80º and 100º.
I also noticed that the radiator fan only worked até those 100º.
When I got home I connect my laptop to the ECU and tried to check all data related to this.
- All temps of opening and closing of the thermostact are correct, compared with the specs of the engine.
- The fan kicks at 99º but only at low speed
- The water tubes are not rock solid, they are normal.
- did some tests with the software to both fun speeds, and it worked fine, I tried low speed and the relay clicked 3 times and low speed worked, then tried high speed, did those same 3 clicks and the high seed worked.
- I shorted the low speed resistence and it didn´t do anything until 99º, and then the fan worked at high speed. Removed the shot and it only worked again at low speed.
- I measured the resistence and it gave me 0 Ohms
Why doesnt the low speed work at 93 like it should?
Why It only works at 99º but with low speed?
The resitor is shot, isnt it?
I´m a bit confused about this...