electric window failure - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 30-05-05 Thread Starter
AO Member
electric window failure

My rear window has just failed. I pressed the switch to close the window, but nothing happened except for a sort of clacking noise. You can hear the glass being engaged but the window wony operate. I was able to pull the window shut with my hands and it is quite secure closed, so i don't think a cable has broken. Now in the closed position, it won'y budge, but you can hear the same strange noise, so power is getting thru. Any ideas.
Incidentally, the off side rear window has never worked since i bought the car last year. Using the switch, there are no noises at all, so am not sure about power supply. Thought i'd mention it, since i may have to tackle the other!

Nice people drive Alfa's
Sponsored Links

Member car:

156 2.0L TS

Re: electric window failure

Most times the cables that connect from the motor that lets up/down the window has broken or come un-ravelled off the winding mechanism... thats my experience of other marques.

I suggest that this is the case with your last window failure.

As for the one that never worked it could just be the switch on the door, but then i assume you ahve used the drivers door panel to open it & that faile dot work too.

I think each window has its own fuse, it could be blown or else the motor is fubar'd

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

electric , failure , window