Alfa GT 1.9 16v Blackline Major Problems - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

marlon

Quote:
Originally Posted by janzam View Post
This hesitation is not noticeable when accelerating heavily.

However when driving in town with slow acceleration, just before 2000 revs the brushing noise kicks in and there's a slight hesitation. It's the noise that's really getting to me though. There's definitely something off.
Mine does that. I put it down to the turbo spinning up with partial throttle. I'd describe my noise like a Dolphin "Whoooooosh.....eee...eee...eeee.....eeee" almost like turbo chatter, but very very faint. I've done 30000 miles in 10 months since I got the car and it hasn't got worse or broken. I notice the same noise from the 1.9 Astras and Insignias etc that use the same engine.

As mentioned, lob some injector cleaner in.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

Member car:

Brera 2.4SV

the noise you describe is simply the turbo spooling up, it will change sound as the engine catches up with your throttle input.

if the car is pulling hard i dont think you have a problem#

and if the feul consumption is lower that 40MPG its because you driving it to hard listening to the engine makeing whooshing sounds !
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Brera 2.4SV

spot on Marlon

AO Member

County: Tyne and Wear

Member car:

alfa gt jtdm

Mine does that as well but higher up rev range it started at 2750 now does it at 3000 no noise though, mind you always have radio on so i may not hear it .Not bothering me as the car is going great at the min lol.Thought it may be the vacuum valve on the turbo sticking slightly its on the right of the EGR as you look under bonnet .If you get someone to start it the lever should move .If it was a big problem you would have no boost at all .I spoke to Gus about mine he is a expert on these cars and its not a problem he has encountered before .Dude its an Alfa great cars but some would say odd things go on lol. I would turn radio up and drive car it may sort its self out dont think its anything Major .You know anyone with same car if so try blag drive or ride in it so you can compaire performance you will then know if yours is ok .Mines been remaped and decate pipe fitted it pulls like a train always feels eager is yours like that if so not much wrong with it .I would use the millers it will keep the inside you engine soot free and you get better performance and MPG
marlon

I like the spool up noise, driving through town getting it to go "Whooooooosh", then "eee eee eee eee" as I lift off. Only does it on partial throttle between about 1700 and 2000rpm.

So the noise seems to be normal, lob in a few doses of injector cleaner and see how you get on

AO Member

County: West Sussex
My JTD also makes that kind of noise when driving around town. If it goes well and doesn't use any oil or excessive fuel then all is well
AO Member

County: North Yorkshire
had the hesitation on mine at around 2-2.5k rpm not massive but noticeable and makes it uncomfortable to drive in town. Turned out to be the gasket between the egr valve and the inlet manifold, egr had been of several times and they just used the old gasket. Updated gasket available from Alfa Workshop Part No: 55225287

Alfa Romeo GT EGR valves
(Post Link) post #33 of 35 Old 05-10-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: San Gwann
Hi maverick. To be honest I don't see how it could be the gasket since mine looked pretty intact. It wasn't deformed or dirty and I tightened it pretty well so there shouldnt be any air leaks.
AO Member

County: North Yorkshire
on mine it was the original gasket but once removed it was obvious where it had been leaking and once replaced it was smooth through the rev range.

County: Belgium-
treatstarter sollution ??

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
16v , alfa , blackline , major , problems

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page