Had the spanners out this morning - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 22-09-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Cheshire
Had the spanners out this morning

Along with some of the cracking how2's from this forum as I set about tackling the EGR valve and my ridiculously heavy clutch.

The EGR was full of carbon build up and the actuator pin on the solenoid was ceased. After a fair amount of carb cleaner and a restrictor / blanking plate from ebay I now have low speed acceleration back and the car no longer rocks on start up The GT is surprisingly nippy now that's fixed..... Fingers crossed my woes don't return and it was actually the EGR causing it and not the MAF

Not as good on clutch front. Followed the guide and oiled and greased what's recommended but nothings changed, I still need a robotic leg to operate the clutch so looks like it will be a new clutch to fix that issue
Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
County: West Dunbartonshire
Fitted a plate today ....good results.! My existing EGR was in good condition but swapped it over anyway. On the clutch pedal front I am still enjoying light action after injecting about 6ml of Isoflex grease into the pedal shaft...that was about 5 months ago (still get the occasional notchy travel) but can live with that ....!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

morning , spanners