How to fix erratic or intermittant indicators
The fault is probably the flasher relay. Easy to fix or replace.
REPLACE: #2 Phillips screwdriver, mid sized flat blade screw driver
FIX: as above, plus soldering iron.
1. Remove the plastic lower steering column cover by removing the two Philips screws in the recessed holes and then gently working the cover off.
2. Locate the blue box about 20mm square directly under the steering column. This is the flasher relay. You will hear and feel it operating when you operate the indicator stalk.
3. Prise the relay out of it's socket with the flat blade screwdriver while holding back the retaining clip at the top end of the relay.
4. With the relay in your hand decide whether you're going to fix or replace WITH A NEW ONE. A second hand relay may soon give the same problem....
4A: plug in a new relay and reassemble in reverse sequence.
5. Prise the cover off the bottom of the relay, and then prise the blue relay cover off.
6. Resolder the dry solder joints on the relay - usually the two joints on the connector lugs. If you don't know what a dry joint is, don't go past step 4A!
7. Reassemble and tell yourself how clever you are.