Alfa 147 JTD 'Glow Plug Error' - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 30-08-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Gloucestershire

Member car:

147 Q2

Alfa 147 JTD 'Glow Plug Error'

Hi All, Yesterday my car decided to display a glow plug error, I had driven about 100miles stopped at the back in and turning the key revealed a new warning message!

I've done some research on here and it could be a problem with the glow plugs, fuse, the relay for the glow plugs, dodgy battery, or fuel pre-heater?

I would like to figure out what is going wrong, I don't have a error code reader (yet..Just bought a Garmin Satnav that has an optional adapter that plugs in to the ODB port, hope it works well with the JTDm engine).

The error does not always come up, for example yesterday when I completed my journey, I turned the car off and then back on again and the error did not show! Got in this morning and there the error was, got back in my car after work and there was the error message, drove home turned car off then decided to turn the key again to see if the error shows - it was fine, no error message.

The other odd thing my car is doing that coincides with the glow plug error is that the small under-seat Blaupunkt subwoofer with integrated amp is making more noise at startup. When I turn the ignition on, the sub normally makes a small bass note for a fraction of a second, since the error has been showing the noise the sub makes is a much longer and even deeper bass note, I assume the noise is something to do with it charging it's capacitors, I'm thinking that either the battery is low (less than a year old, but it would have been the lowest cost possible) or something else is drawing a lot of current as soon as the ignition is turned on.

If you have read all that and can narrow it down that would be great, else I will be off to Pershore sooner than anticipated.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , alfa , error , glow , jtd , plug