Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In a rockin good place
I had all my tools prepared and I set to work with my 5mm key and my 17mm ring spanner.
And after about 10 mins I decided to use the £33 I have in credit at my local indie - because I could not shift the beggar one mm.
So, while it was up on sticks, I attacked the floorpan with wire brush and subsequently applied some Loctite Rust Remedy and a liberal coating of Hammerite No1 Rust Beater, in fetching beige (my preference, since you can see where you've gone). Tomorrow I'll recoat and next weekend I'll give it a good going over with Waxoyl sealant.
So 1 out of 2 jobs ain't bad, I suppose, though there is a lingering sense of disappointment. I just didn't want to get the top nut off and then find I couldn't budge the bottom one.