156 2.0 JTS- Mystery Fault - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 23-08-12 Thread Starter
County: Hampshire
Not Happy 156 2.0 JTS- Mystery Fault

I am hoping that someone can shed some light on what may be wrong with my much loved 156, which I have owned for over 3 years with no breakdowns or other problems. The problem started when it just stopped after a journey of about 2 miles, no juddering or spluttering - just like it had run out of fuel. Called RAC and got it going with some easy start, was turning over no problem just would not fire. Ran for 5 mins while he got diagnostic laptop plugged in then just stopped again, this time would not restart at all various fault codes and reading that engine was running at 158F, which it obviously was not. Towed to local garage. Spoke to my usual Alfa Man and he advised Crank sensor straight away. Local garage have taken a look, it is not crank sensor and now they are struggling to pinpoint what is the problem, still not starting. HELP please! Before I fall out of love.
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
Why would you consult "your local Alfa man", then take it to someone who "has a look" and concludes he is wrong? What did they do to check? Crank sensor is a prime suspect...otherwise the only real way to diagnose is by checking out the fault codes...that's what they are for......

If you post the fault codes, people may be able to help...otherwise its back to your local garage....who are obviously hopeless......
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 26-08-12 Thread Starter
County: Hampshire
I took it to the local garage as I needed somewhere for the RAC to tow me to, in a hurry. My Alfa Man was not available and as it turned out he had too much work on to fit it in. I will speak to the garage on Tuesday to see if they have got anywhere with it, if they haven't I will get it towed out and get sorted elsewhere. As soon as I get some error code details I will post.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , fault , jts , mystery