156 Feeling slow - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 22-08-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Norrbotten
156 Feeling slow

It FEELS slow, doesnt mean it IS slow.

I drive many dieselcars at work so the low-rev torque starting to make me blind of my Alfa.

I USED to have K&N sportfilter but using stock now (Had it for about 4 month)
New MAF since November. New Variator since January but I may broke it with oil-seal saver. =/

Had errorcode on Lambda P0130 but my front exhaust was in terrible condition (Swapped yesterday, broke it in half when "loosing" the lambda.)

Removed errorcode..testdrive didnt feel THAT much difference except no powerloss at times and better sound.

So, it feels slow up to 3400 rpm then power kicks in (ALFATEC!) on first gear..even worse on secound. At 3rd gear it feels slow after 4000 rpm and so with 4 and 5 gear.

Seems like I damaged the MAF? :<

Edit: Topspeed is currently 215-220 kmh. ;P But it take a lot of time to get there (Again, just me?)

Trying to get more active.. >_<

Last edited by Malheus; 22-08-12 at 04:23.
Sponsored Links
Did you have the battery removed while performing repairs?

The ECU will be running in default mode until it re-learns fresh parameters, this process can take up to 350km's especially if it is a new MAF or lambda sensor fitted... Give it time to settle

2.0 TS seems pretty gutless below 3000 rpm compared to TD's...
Having previously owned a 2.4JTD 10v (150bhp) and a 2.0TS (150bhp) all I can tell you is that the JTD feels a lot, lot faster but that is just the extra torque and the feeling it gives while on boost... like a switch.... Its on, then off, then on.....

In truth, the 2.0 TS blows the 2.4 JTD away every time we put them head to head, it just feels more civilized and progressive on how it delivers the power after 3000 rpm so therefore feels slower.....
Without getting into a petrol vs diesel flaming session with other users, its just my qualified findings having owned both at the same time and being able to compare... Forget it against a V6 though
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 22-08-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Norrbotten
Checked errorcodes again this morning..same code again so im ALREADY gonna order a new lambda.

Alfa Romeo 145, 146, 156, 159, Bosch Lambda Sensor Seems like it is this one for the early 156 2.0 TS ?

Having SP2 engine.
AO Silver Member
County: Somerset
Yea Its just the feeling after driving a TDI, I borrowed a 2.0 petrol Alfa while getting my JTD done and I was gutted as it felt crap Though for one I was driving it like a Diesel and 2 was worried about giving it to much stick as it was not mine

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , feeling , slow