As many of you know my 3 months ownership of my 2.0L T/s 156, called Alfenia, has been a *testing* period for me. I have had many issues with this car, mostly related to lack of power when cold or lack of performance when on the move.
To summaries my findings:
1. Dirty MAF/AFM, cleaned up
2. Broken EGR pipe, replaced
3. Broken Air intake/ filter box, fixed, now ok
4. Spark plugs not tightened properly, now ok
5. Spark plugs in-correctly gapped, now ok.
6. Oil Engine oil flushed out, used Bardahl product to *de-gunk* engine
7. New 10W/60 oil & filter: Variator no longer making diesel sound & is working 100%
Points 4. to 7. seems to have made the largest improvement to mpg/performance.
Normally Alfenia returned <27 mpg prior to the last 4 points.
Her last tank returned 29.6 mpg
an 11% improvement
During that tank i did
a. 200 mile *long* distant trip
b. 60 mile trip towing a 4 x 6 trailer with a ride on lawnmower
c. 6 *school run* trips, 10 miles each [ stop start driving ]... 60 miles
d. a couple of *test runs* ... just for fun
.... 30 miles
e. several medium lenght *shopping* trips ... 100+ miles
total 453 miles, used 15.3 gallons.
When i replace the thermostat on Monday I am hoping for another improvement.