Had a look in elearn, and nr 2 is indeed the uk setting for the 156 (consistent with the 147
See following description for the procedure, according to elearn:
The control unit is capable of adapting its operation to the laws governing alarm systems in force in the various markets. There are different operating modes ('COUNTRY CODE') available in the actual control unit memory for the sound of the siren and the flashing of the direction indicators. These functions are sometimes excluded.
The 'EEC' operating mode is selected in production.
To change this setting, it is possible to use the special procedure using the Examiner or other diagnostic equipment.
Alternatively, and only in the case of an emergency, the following procedure can be used:
1 Check that the emergency key is switched ON. (remark jwq: this would be the case in normal use
2 Turn the ignition key to the ON position.
3 Open the bonnet (front) lid.
4 Turn the ignition key from ON to OFF.
5. Within 15 seconds, press the bonnet lid button 7 times in quick succession. This manoeuvre should be carried out in less than 10 seconds. The last time the button is pressed, keep it pressed;
6. 5 brief auditory signals (5 in 2 seconds) followed by one long one (lasting 2 seconds) indicate the entry in the operating mode programming.
7. Release the bonnet lid button.
8 Within the next 10 seconds, press and release the button a number of times equivalent to the desired country identification number, given in the table below (each time the button is pressed there will be an auditory confirmation signal).
9. Wait for 10 seconds; an auditory signal lasting a second will indicate the exit from the programming mode system.
COUNTRY CODE TABLE
1, Default (EEC)
2, United Kingdom
possibly also of interest in some instances:
Switching on with siren excluded
The operation of the siren can be excluded during the surveillance stage: when switching on, press the remote control button for more than 4 seconds.
After the auditory signals connected with the engagement, there are 5 auditory signals in quick succession to indicate that the siren has been excluded.
Next time it is switched on, the exclusion procedure should be repeated, if the siren is to be excluded once again.
Excluding the system
The system can be deactivated with the emergency key (OFF position) if:
- the remote control batteries are run down
- the system is faulty
- the vehicle is not used for long periods (more than 3 weeks).
re the emergency key, if available ???
(not planned for certain Markets)
The emergency key for deactivating the system is located on the left of the dashboard, next to the junction unit, in a position that is easily and quickly accessible.
It makes it possible to exclude the system, for example in the case of repair operations:
- by turning the key in an anti-clockwise direction, the system is deactivated: emergency key in OFF position
- by turning the key in a clockwise direction, the system is activated: emergency key in ON position.
1, Emergency key
2, Protective cover