Another member of the "DPF Issues Club" - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 14-08-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Serbia

Member car:

Another member of the "DPF Issues Club"

On Sunday morning driving I felt a strange smell (something between burned gunpowder or melted electrical installation) and parked my GT. I turned off the engine and after restarting the MCSF error occurred. Diagnostics (MultiECUScan 1.0) showed differential pressure error and DPF clogging error, but with 18.5% DPF clogging and the differential pressure between the 3mBar and 5mBar. Deleted error is always re-appeared in driving over 3000RPM.

Based on experiences on this forum I found that the silicone part of rubber hose that connects the outlet of DPF and inlet of differential pressure sensor is melted. I got the common fuel hose (80cm, 7.5mm inner diameter) and two clamps (all about 2€) and replaced the old hose. Error no longer occurs and everything is OK. This is good news... Diagnostics in driving showed 29.5% DPF clogging and the differential pressure between the 15mBar and 215mBar.

And now bad news - I did regeneration of the DPF (MultiECUScan has that option) and everything was OK, but now clogging the DPF is about 78% and differential pressure between the 8mBar and 175mBar... What's the explanation for this very high clogging value?

Last edited by dusanGT; 14-08-12 at 12:14.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

dpf issues club , member