Absolutely easiest way to get around it is to access it from the above. (I'm assuming its a twin spark engine)
1. Remove air intake ducting with oil vapor recovery hose and AFM
2. Disconnect battery negative pole (make sure you have the radio code (where applicable))
3. Unplug connectors on top of the AFM (ecu connectors)
4. Unplug connectors on the side of the throttlebody.
5. Unscrew grounding cable from the throttle body
6. Unscrew four torx bolts and remove throttlebody
7. Unscrew middle starter motor bolt and remove the twin coolant hose retainer.
8. Unscrew lower starter motor bolt.
9. Detach/unscrew wires from back of starter motor.
10 Undo the last startermotor bolt and withdraw startermotor.
Assembly is reverse of removal