147 Selespeed idle problem - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 02-08-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Scottish Borders
147 Selespeed idle problem

I have been having problems with my 2.0 147 selespeed when it is driven in stop start traffic, i thought likely to be related to heat or something.

Checking out the gear selection on the drive with the engine idling i noticed that the clutch engagement lever operates quite often when i'm just sitting in neutral? Has anyone else noticed this.

I managed to get the system to fail once up at 90degC engine coolant temp.

The pump seems to be running a lot which i suspect is the reservoir on its way out and i intend to replace this, any ideas on why the clutch lever is operating and why my pump decides to stop when hot would be appreciated. I'm guessing there is no thermal cutout on the selespeed pump, i may be wrong.

Sponsored Links
County: Kent

Member car:

Alfa 147

Hi Graham

I have also similar prob with my 147 Selespeed which despite visit to two garages and hefty costs yet to be resolved.
My car throws fit shortly up on extended traffic stop/ or stop and start traffic and the engine will start to rave a lot while not moving or jerky until 2 gear is selected. If I stuck on start stop traffic for more than 4min then the car engine failes with either selespeed fail, low engine oil or motor engine fail and car wouldn't start for further 1 to 1 - 11/2 hrs by the road until the temp drops from 90 to about 60; which is both dangerouse and not fun

Please share how you manage to resolve yours, as my car was checked in some replaced parts for electrical, gearbox, belt sensor, air flow chamber, engine and selespeed oil and yet no joy.

Many thanks

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , idle , problem , selespeed