156 JTS FES Mass Air Flow refers to which sensor - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 29-07-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -
156 JTS FES Mass Air Flow refers to which sensor

Dear all

Hope you can help me.. Plugged FES into my 156 JTS and it read Mass Air Flow (throttle closed) as either zero or a value that declines over time but does not change with engine RPM.

Which sensor provides the Mass Air Flow data? If my reading is zero or a fixed value that does not change regardless of RPM, what does that mean? Faulty sensor on the car? If so which sensor should I change?

Also Air Quantity data, is that computed by the software or is that measured by a dedicated sensor? If sensor, what sensor is that?

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Essex
On the intake, before the throttle, you should see a connector that plugs into a section on the intake tube. You can't miss it. It's after the air filter box and before the throttle body. Is your engine running rough or high fuel consumption? You could try cleaning it if it looks like it's faulty or dirty but that's a last resort and i killed my MAF by cleaning it.. You can unplug the connector and unscrew the two screws and pull it out. You might need a security key bit set for your screwdriver as its torx screws.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Silver GT 3.2 V6

The MAF on the JTS is just above the air filter box, not in the same location as the TS. If you need a new one you can buy the sensor part instead of the whole assembly from here. A lot cheaper than the whole MAF unit.....
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 30-07-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -
Thanks guys. Appreciate your help. Yup rough idle and consumption a little higher (then again I drive with quite a heavy foot - i only do that with the alfa and not the other cars... i wonder why... maybe something to do with the noise it makes... hmmm

Ok going to order one shortly.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , air , fes , flow , jts , mass , refers , sensor