2.0 TS engine problems - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 16-07-12 Thread Starter
County: Roskilde

Member car:

156 2.0 TS 16V

Hmmm 2.0 TS engine problems

Im hoping for some suggestions before taking my 2.0 ts to the mechanic...

A couple of month ago I had the engine replaced (used). Initially it seemed to run almost perfect, besides a small gab in the acceleration at aprox 2200 rpm.

Now several problems is appearing - irritating/ driving me crazy...

1. When driving and pushing the clutch/ stopping the car, the idle dropping and very erratic up and down , then after 5-10 sec steady again.
Had similar problem with he old engine -> had the idle speed motor replaced which helped..

2. The gab in acceleration still there and not getting any better more the opposite...

3. Driving to work...after work when turn the engine on, Its like it only runs on a couple of the cylinders, like it almost dies then runs on all cylinders like i should.

4. Its using water. last check it had used from just above max to a bit under min on 300KM.
no mayo in oil lid. though the coolant container smells slightly of exhaust( not quite sure how much/little is an indicator)

I have both tried cleaning the MAF and tried a new one - did not change anything to the idle problem.
ECU does not come up with any error, besides a FAN2.

So any ideas before I drive it to the mechanic who installed the current engine(still a couple of month of warranty left)

Best regards, Mikkel
Roskilde, Denmark
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -
I had similar problem when starting the car. Solution was to add an additive to petrol, Wynns Dry fuel, and to pour only 98 octane fuel. After a week, my car started to act normal on startup, no shaking, dying etc.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

engine , problems