side light bulb gone, good excuse to replace with better - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1210
County: Cheshire
Apologies for the appalling picture quality, my Samsung point-&-shoot needed a tripod, not my shaky hand. That would have really interested the neighbours at 1.15am! You do get an idea of the colour and brightness that is pretty representative, though I would never be driving on sidelights only. They do make the headlights/spotlights look very yellow now, I have enquired about the replacement fog/spot LED's and they need a resistor as they are not canbus friendly. I think other Ebay sellers have canbus ones, but they are quite bit dearer than these, and a bit of a grey area for compliance with construction and use laws. I would actually look seriously at DRL LED's if they were tasteful and easy to fit, as well as being cheap!
This pair cost pennies more than buying halogens at Halfords, so if they last only twice as long, they are still a saving. In the long term, I can see the price of LED lights falling significantly as they become more mainstream and used by OEM's, economies of scale etc.
Anyway the verdict is: they look cool and sod any one who disagrees!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LED_lights_612.jpg (54.3 KB, 10 views)

Rockin' & Rollin' since 1967![/SIGPIC]
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: -

Member car:

GT ss/Cav mk1

Good job!
AO Silver Member
County: Bristol

Member car:

AO Silver Member
County: Wiltshire
They are side lights?? I've got LEDs and I can hardly see them compared to yours. Must take a look at upgrading!
AO Silver Member
County: Nottinghamshire

Member car:

2005 147 JTD

there's loads of different LED's i was looking on ebay i opted for the cheapest as i wasn't sure how well they'd work with the warnings etc mine only have 2 little LED's on each bulb and in the daylight are barely visible but obviously you get what you pay for the more you pay the better the bulb ( as a general rule )
AO Member
County: -
Maybe replace the regular dipped and main beam bulbs with 5000K ones. Done this on the Guilietta and their as close a match to the dimmed drls as i can find. Changed the bulbs in our face lift 156 with same 5000K colour temperature and looks brilliant more modern looking but without looking chavvy and better light range throw and luminence too. Need to do the sides now i've seen these :-)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

bulb , excuse , good , light , replace , side