I bought my first alfa romeo a couple of months ago with the intention of of doing the repares myself and having it as my first car.
The thing that has really priced me out of being able to do it myself is the insurance, maybe it wasn't wise to buy a 1.8 for my first car HEY!!
- It is a beauty
- Starts first time
- 4 practically new tyres on it,
- Gearbox is good,
- Clutch & handbrake good,
Brakes are fine.
- Some rust due to the previous owner leaving the car to sit on a drive for a while with the sunroof not closed correctly. It has had some welding done to it previously but may need some more. The drivers side sill is rusty and there is a small hole in it.
- A new cambelt would be advised,
- Car is quite loud so I presume there is a hole in the exhaust somewhere.
- Stained back seat (watermarks)
If I broke this car up in to parts I could fetch a lot more money and if I had the time I would probably do the same but I couldn't bare to break it up
The body work is very good, has a great dashboard and center console, four interior door panels, perect bonnet and boot etc...