how to fix his baby
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Re: 147 Tail lights - what do you think of this?
Cheers for that, I have always like the euro clean look.
Ok, this is how i did things, and what has been done.
1.To de badge, i used fishing wire, loop it behind the badge and pull and it will cut through all the glue behind it. Once you have done that, use nail polish remover to get rid of any gunk left over.
2. Side repeaters have been swapped for blacked out lenses, just giving it a cleaber look.
3. Rear lights were replaced with the ones you can see on the pic already, tidies up the back a treat.
4. I replaced the standard backbox with the 3.5inch big bore, which actually does fill up the gap in the bumper very well.
5. Alloys are the standard 16inch ones, as i think you get alot more control and a quieter ride.
6. I have ripped the standard air box out, and replaced with a custom made one, i put together myself.
As for the shine, i use bog standard tesco car shampoo and wax mixed together, wash car, clean off with jet washer. And then use the Flash Auto dry sparyer, so no need to shammy afterwards. Always works a treat, and is still looking fresh considering its an 04 plate.
I will take some pics this weekend and post.