alfa 147 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 20-06-12 Thread Starter
County: Nottinghamshire

Member car:

Not Happy alfa 147

hi guys

thanks for your previous advise, i now have a new problem... after a head rebuild i have two new issues.

1. my engine although at correct temp on gauge ie. 90deg the engine seems to be running very hot, smokes from oil filler cap if removed and dip stick if pulled out, if that makes sense.

water circulation is fine , is this what is keeping it cool?

2. it has had engine management light come on twice now and the fault is first time miss fire on pot 3 (ended up being spark plug which is brand new) . second fault miss fireon pot 4 and same problem. once changed issue goes away...... any idea's

i have spent 1300 so far but i did not change the variator when changing the cam belt is this a big issue?????????

please advise as i am desperate to get this back on the road or get rid... which is best???

Last edited by timbaker1007; 22-06-12 at 04:54.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Essex
The water is your cooling system and is drawing the heat away from the engine block and dispersing it using the radiator at the front of the car through which air flows (providing the cooling effect). The temperature sender is usually located away from the block - the temperature reading from this is not the temperature of the actual engine. Oil is usually operating at around 100 degrees in street applications so will be hotter than your coolant readings. A small amount of vaporisation is to be expected if you take the cap off a running engine, though I wouldn't recommend doing this a lot.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , alfa