Alfa gt jtd inlet manifold. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 18-06-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: North Yorkshire

Member car:

Alfa gt jtd inlet manifold.

Basically swirl valves have failed on the old girl so I have ordered a new manifold,gasket and drive module. Has anyone changed one before or is there a how to anywhere to make life a little easier. I know to only do the fuel pump pulley bolt up to 50nm so you dont crack it apart from that it looks fairly straight forward. But i'ld rather ask the stupid question rather than make the stupid mistake if someone could of warned me beforehand!!
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Cardiff
Hi, I've done 2 of these, both on 159's but they are the same, As I'm sure you know Its quite a big job involving taking off the fuel pump, this can be done without taking off the timing belt as the fuel pump pulley can be bolted to the back plate to keep the tension on the belt and then with the 32mm nut removed the pump can be removed, be carefull not to loose the woodruff key, its also quite fiddly to refit it properly, its worth marking the belt and pulleys just for peace of mind that the belt hasnt moved though. But if your belt and water pump is anywhere near due to be changed I would do it all at the same time whilst its all stripped down.

You need to drain the coolant as there is a feed between the manifold and head, if you dont the coolant will run into Number 1 cylinder.

Apart from that its straight forward but a bit fiddly, its also worth fitting a restrictor plate on the egr valve to stop your nice new manifold getting sooted up, they are a few quid on ebay.

Last edited by JON156VELOCE; 19-06-12 at 15:05.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alfa , inlet , jtd , manifold