Cutting out. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 17-06-12 Thread Starter
County: Buckinghamshire
Cutting out.

My son and i have been looking into a cutting out issue with my 156 t-spark and when on the diagnostic box it came up with a coolant temp sensor fault, we did the obvious and replaced the sensor and cleaned the terminals in the plug.

It still cuts out when it gets to the point when the fan cuts in, (some times it dies before and sometimes after the fan starts) we took the plug off and re cleaned it with terminal spray and then closed up the female pins a bit as the plug itself was a bit sloppy fitting, but still have the same issue!

Racking my brains i cant think what it can be, although i have also got a crank sensor waiting in the wings as i know this can be a common issue but cant see how it could be that as it seems completely unrelated!?

Anyone come across this type of issue before or got any ideas??

Cheers Neil
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: North Yorkshire
Does it cut out everytime the fan cuts in, does stop dead or stumble for a while.

Possible as soon as fan cuts in and it completes the curcuit you may have a short that is causing it to cut out.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT